Rosters Teams should be comprised of local church members. Participation rules are at the discretion of the coaches and pastors representing the teams. Individuals may play for any registered team.
Rules (added rule 12)
Tranquil Softball Rules 2018 2/1/18
1. A.S.A. rules are in effect where league rules are silent.
2. A forfeit will take place if a team playing in the first scheduled game of the night is not ready for play within 10 minutes of the scheduled game time. Other games will only have a 5 minute grace period before a forfeit will be declared. Umpires are responsible for the official times of grace period before a forfeit will be declared and for the official times of all games and any decision involving a time limit.
3. A team that starts a game with 9 players may add a 10th player when they arrive. Provisional players may be used as defined in Guidelines 3 if less than nine are Available at game time.
4. Each team may use up to 12 batters per game. If you start with 12 batters, you must finish with twelve.
5. The twelve run rule will be in effect after 5 innings of play. The Home team will keep the official score book.
6. Each Batter will bat with 1 ball and 1 strike count. A foul ball on third strike will not be considered a strikeout until the second foul ball.
7. In case of a tie, there will be a sudden death. Find the player in your line-up who was last to complete their turn at bat. That player goes on 2nd base, and there are no outs. Each team will be allowed to bat and the game will continue until a winner is determined.
8. There will be no arguing with the umpire. Should there be a questionable call, only the team manager should address the umpire in a reasonable manner. Excessive arguing may result with the ejection of the player.
9. The League will be using the scat-cat rule, which means that a designated player may run for anyone at any time as long as the scat cat runner does not enter the lineup. Scat-cat runner must be designated before the game begins. Once the scat-cat goes into the game, or if no scat-cat is designated for the game, the courtesy runner rule applies.
10. Courtesy runners may be used only if the batter reaches base and is unable to run at a normal pace due to a current or previous injury. The last batter to make an out must be used.
11. In the event of a game protest the Team manager/coach must notify the home plate umpire who, in turn will inform the opposing team manager that the game is under protest. The league (which consist of the managers of each team and the umpires, except the two teams under review), will make the final ruling on all protests.
12. Displays of Temper, Bad Language or Verbal Assault of an opposing player will be considered Unsportsmanlike Behavior and result in a verbal warning from the Umpire. A second incident will result in expulsion from the game and a written warning. Any Malicious Physical Contact(striking) a Opposing Team Player or Coach will Result in the immediate removal and permanent dismissial of the player from the League.
Tranquil General Guidelines 2018 2/1/18
Code of Conduct
This is an alcohol and tobacco free facility and as a Church league we seek to glorify the Lord with a Christ-like attitude on and off the field. Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in team forfeit or player ejection. This will be solely at the umpire's discretion. Any player ejected from a game will not be allowed to participate in the next regular scheduled game. If the ejection occurs at the end of the season during tournament play, the ejected player must sit out the next game that his team plays in future league play whenever that occurs.
1. Regularly scheduled games will be played on Tuesday and Thursday nights. Some Monday Night games may be scheduled if necessary. Starting times will be at 6:30, 7:30, 8:30 pm.
2. Rainout games will be scheduled for the next available Monday night.
3. All efforts should be made to avoid forfeits due to lack of players. If a team has less than 9 players present at game time then any available and willing players are allowed for the game. The result will still be a forfeit by that team.
4. The four home run rule per game will apply. After the fourth home run any balls hit over the fence will be an out.
5. Minimum age is 14 and ladies are allowed. Minors and ladies may play any position except pitcher. (If women play in the infield it is recommended they wear protective masks). Coaches should use good judgment when placing these players in the field and make sure they are capable of playing their assigned position safely.
6. Maximum roster will consist of no more than 25 eligible players.
7. Rosters and Team Waiver Form must be turned in to the League Coordinator before the beginning of the first regular season game. Any changes to the roster must be made in writing and Waiver Form updated before the player may play in a game. All players who participate in the playoffs must have played in at least 2 regular season games.
8. A player may only play for one church each season. Once a player has played a game for a church They may not play for another church team during that particular season.
9. No metal cleats are allowed in this league at any time.
10. All vehicles should be parked in the Church parking lot when possible. The church is not responsible for damages to vehicles while parked on church grounds. Please do not park in spaces reserved for handicapped.
11. All teams must have same color jerseys by the start of the third regularly scheduled game. No jersey protest may be waged during this fall league.
12. Players eligibility is defined by League/Division definitions.
13. The official ball will be the Yellow Dudley 44/525 for all wood bat games and will be furnished by the league. The balls may be purchased from the concession stand for $6.00. Any profits from the sale of softballs will go to the league for field improvements.
14. Each team shall be responsible for retrieving their own foul balls and home run balls in order to keep the game going on in a timely manner.
15. All questions and concerns about the softball league should be addressed to the umpire and they will refer them to a league official. The team manager will be contacted by the league official to discuss and resolve the problem to the best of his ability.
16. If the coach is aware that his team will not be able to play at the scheduled date and time they must notify the league official at least 1 week prior so the other team can be Notified and the game reschedule at a later date and time or the game will be forfeited.
17. Slow Pitch Softball Bats must be wood with 2 1/4 inch barrel diameter and length between 32–34”. Weights between 26-30oz are allowed. Women may use composite or aluminum bats with a maximum barrel diameter of 2 ¼ inches, but without restrictions of length and weight.
18. All fees should be paid in full before the season begins unless other arrangements have been requested and approved by the league coordinator.